Wednesday 23 September 2009

Hong Kong

Hong Kong from Lawrence Roper on Vimeo.

I Just put this together with some bits of footage I found buried in my hard drive. Filmed on a basic digital camera a few years ago when i was in HK for Christmas. I am a stern believer in analogue, beauty is in the imperfections; i love old cameras, i still use film, play real instruments and prefer vinyl records. Using a low res shitty camera, which gets wonderfully confused trying to focus and get the exposure right and cheating with a few after effects I'm quite pleased with the results. I had a bunch of Lomo photos i took at the same time so tried to create a sort of cross processed film/super8 style version in video. I got the idea from this, the first as far as i can tell lo-fi digital camera, currently only available in Japan it seems.